Favorite Anime Moments

Discuss specific anime series here. Only official discussion topics may be posted here. Refer to section rules for more information.
ifrit

Favorite Anime Moments

April 6, 2020 18:31:43

The purpose of this thread is to post your favorite moment(s) of any anime of your choosing - therefore sharing something that might pique the interest of a viewer of this thread.

*** THERE WILL BE SPOILERS ***

If you could limit your post by using this format:

Anime title:
Episode Number:
Moment:

*** PROVIDE A GIF OF THE MOMENT IF YOU CAN ***
(There are plenty of .gifs nowadays that represents very specific points in anime that are rather easy to find.)

Many of us feel impacted by a stir of different emotions in a vast variety of anime. To expose and share those amazing feelings with others, I'd ask you to leave it as one moment per post. For the "moment" portion, if you could elaborate said moment as much as you can so people can really paint a picture. Remember, this is for people who are looking to explore new anime, so if there was ANY moment in any anime that made you go "wow" or almost made you wet your pants from laughter, do share.

Share away!

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
Last edited by ifrit on April 9, 2020 18:02:53, edited 16 times in total.

ifrit

Re: Favorite Anime Moments

April 6, 2020 18:34:36

Anime title: One Piece
Episode Number: 391
Moment: In this moment, Luffy punches a Celestial Dragon. Celestial Dragons ranks at the top in the hierarchy of the anime and are people who you don't want to mess with. When you defy one, it is said in reply - a military fleet and a Navy Admiral comes to discipline you. In this particular episode, Luffy punches one of these guys for shooting one of his friends who helped him out in a time of crisis. This moment was great because he just doesn't give a shit. No more fucks to give from Luffy.

gaze

April 6, 2020 19:05:10

Anime title: Dragon Ball Super
Episode Number: 17?
Moment: Vegeta snapping after Beerus hit Bulma. Best rage moment ever
Sig by Kuro

Kuba35910

April 6, 2020 19:43:40

Anime title: Hunter x Hunter (2011)
Episode number: 131
Moment: I'll go with the first one I thought about after seeing this post. So, in this moment our protagonist (Gon) is going to take a long awaited revenge against a murderer of his mentor/friend, Pitou. After finding the killer, Gon started to lose his consciousness. A moment later, we can see him transformed into his 'adult' form with an incredibly increased power. And now, it all seems to be an usual shounen scene where the main hero starts a fight with an enemy in a fit of anger. I say 'seems', as nothing could be further from the truth. You won't see a normal fight there. There's going to be a massacre. When watching the scenes of brutal death of Pitou, viewer can feel a lot of different emotions from sadness by seeing Gon in this condition to satisfaction by seeing him taking his revenge. The whole scenes are beatifully animated what makes the whole moment more perceptible combined with the soundtrack playing in the background.

MyAnimeList / Avatar by gaze

ifrit

April 6, 2020 19:46:40

Anime title: One Punch Man
Episode Number: 7
Moment: Saitama is the strongest human in this world of One Punch Man. Given his clumsy behavior, he was never really noticed or acknowledged for his strength, but his not so very high apparent I.Q. His disciple whom Saitama had saved, Genos, is the only one who really knows Saitama's true strength (up to this point). Saitama punching the meteor and saving city Z was one of my favorite moments because someone else other than Genos gets to know the true Saitama. Especially since a few of the S-Class heroes couldn't put a scratch on the meteor themselves while Saitama destroys it in "One Punch". Awesome moment.

Ainz

April 6, 2020 21:22:09

Anime title: Claymore
Episode Number: 8
Moment: Teresa vs Numbers 2-5. Claymore are half-man half-yoma entities in which are built as warriors who's sole purpose of existence is to hunt down Yoma (basically zombies that feed on humans). There are a total of 47 sections of the land where the Claymore reside, therefore there are 47 corresponding warriors. 47 is weakest whereas 1 is the strongest, just like a ranking system. Teresa is ranked #1 in her generation, and fends off numbers 2-5 because she was marked for death by killing humans - which is a golden rule from the Organization that created the claymores, to not do. This fight is heavy, and the background music flows very well with Teresa's swift and yet glorious movements. The anime illustrates just how much stronger Teresa is compared to the 4 other numbers who are supposed to be right on top of her in terms of strength. I'm not going to spoil too much other than this was a sad, thrilling episode with intense story development.

ifrit

April 7, 2020 3:40:57

Anime title: Parasyte
Episode Number: 1
Moment: In the pilot episode of Parasyte, personally I was hooked. You're introduced to a classic nerdy protagonist who enjoys his studies and lives a normal life with mom and dad. One night, a tiny bug-like alien attempts to infest in Shinichi's (Main character) body and take over his brain. Failing to do so because the alien had only a limited time and was unaware of Shinichi's headphones, he is unable to take over the brain and burrows into his arm instead, taking over it. In this moment that I chose, Shinichi is still wary of the control he has over his right arm. A little girl is crossing the street as Shinichi is heading to school. She's trying to get her ball moments before a car would most likely collide with her and kill her. Shinichi subconsciously jumps in and stops the impact with his right arm. This is a great moment because it really advances on the acknowledgment of these two protagonists. Their eye contact slowly slips away as Migi (the right hand) goes to rest in Shinichi's body. This is a moment that lasts only a few seconds, but it's the foundation of Shinichi's character development imo.

Fariseo

April 7, 2020 3:43:40

Episode Number: 521
Moment: Luffy destroying the PX-5 Pacifista

Kayoxity

April 7, 2020 4:30:10

Had to look through the episodes to find this.

Episode Number: 833
Moment: Big Mom uses her Soul Pocus on Jinbei

Here Big Mom uses her Soul Pocus on Jinbei. Basically, her Soul Pocus ability allows her to suck your soul out of you if you fear death even a little bit. If she uses her ability, no one can stop her, thats how strong her devil fruit is. Everyone feared that Jinbei will die here, but his soul didn't come out. Did he not fear death? Maybe he did. But the actual reason why Soul Pocus didn't work on him is, as I quote,"Of course not(Of course I don't fear Big Mom). I'm a man who wants to be part of the future Pirate King's crew. I can't be intimated by a mere Emperor of the Sea!"

His faith in Luffy becoming the Pirate King is absolute. And thats what you need from a crew member.

Lumy17

April 7, 2020 14:12:39

Anime title: Mahou Shoujo Tokushusen Asuka
Episode Number: 12
Moment: Kurumi in the interrogation room.

After, Kurumi defeated Chisato, she wanted save her soul from despair, but before that she wanted to show her what happened with a another "terrorist" magical girl. Kurumi tortured Chisato and showed her the right way.
“It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not.”
>> Jay is my Baka! <<
>> I miss NS << I miss Hai too <<

Return to “Anime Series Discussions”