Boruto Chapter 40

Discuss specific manga series here. Only official discussion topics may be posted here. Refer to section rules for more information.
Post Reply

User avatar
Getsuga
Member
Member
Posts: 19
Joined: November 7, 2019 21:26:50
Location: Brazil

Re: Boruto Chapter 40

Post: # 21753Post Getsuga
November 27, 2019 16:36:42

The strength levels on these members are so inconsistent.

In one battle they can go toe to toe with Naruto and the next battle, a team a genin feels hopeful against them
Image

User avatar
bleacheria
Member
Member
Posts: 78
Joined: October 15, 2019 9:18:55

Re: Boruto Chapter 40

Post: # 21754Post bleacheria
November 27, 2019 16:46:36

Kiz wrote:
November 27, 2019 16:36:42
The strength levels on these members are so inconsistent.

In one battle they can go toe to toe with Naruto and the next battle, a team a genin feels hopeful against them
wow, it's almost as if a shinobi within an organization cant be stronger than another shinobi in the same organization huh? everyone in the akatsuki were the same strength! sarcasm

but anyway, Naruto held back against Delta and Boro effortlessly toyed with the genin. they applied 0 pressure. the genin were indeed hopeful, but that's the point of a shonen lol

User avatar
Getsuga
Member
Member
Posts: 19
Joined: November 7, 2019 21:26:50
Location: Brazil

Re: Boruto Chapter 40

Post: # 21767Post Getsuga
November 27, 2019 18:51:52

bleacheria wrote:
November 27, 2019 16:46:36
Kiz wrote:
November 27, 2019 16:36:42
The strength levels on these members are so inconsistent.

In one battle they can go toe to toe with Naruto and the next battle, a team a genin feels hopeful against them
wow, it's almost as if a shinobi within an organization cant be stronger than another shinobi in the same organization huh? everyone in the akatsuki were the same strength! sarcasm

but anyway, Naruto held back against Delta and Boro effortlessly toyed with the genin. they applied 0 pressure. the genin were indeed hopeful, but that's the point of a shonen lol
It makes for a terrible read because the purpose of this manga is all about Boruto. Having them face an enemy that toys with them, in a dimension with no logical escape plan just screams stupid plot
Image

User avatar
bleacheria
Member
Member
Posts: 78
Joined: October 15, 2019 9:18:55

Re: Boruto Chapter 40

Post: # 21776Post bleacheria
November 27, 2019 20:02:43

Kiz wrote:
November 27, 2019 18:51:52
bleacheria wrote:
November 27, 2019 16:46:36
Kiz wrote:
November 27, 2019 16:36:42
The strength levels on these members are so inconsistent.

In one battle they can go toe to toe with Naruto and the next battle, a team a genin feels hopeful against them
wow, it's almost as if a shinobi within an organization cant be stronger than another shinobi in the same organization huh? everyone in the akatsuki were the same strength! sarcasm

but anyway, Naruto held back against Delta and Boro effortlessly toyed with the genin. they applied 0 pressure. the genin were indeed hopeful, but that's the point of a shonen lol
It makes for a terrible read because the purpose of this manga is all about Boruto. Having them face an enemy that toys with them, in a dimension with no logical escape plan just screams stupid plot
you mean like how orochimaru toyed with team 7 during the chunin exams? or madara toying with MCs constantly? or obito toying with konoha 8?
it's not a new or foreign element of shonen at all lol.

and they're obviously not going to stay there forever, lol. now that screams stupid. boruto and kawaki literally have space-time ninjutsu at the palm of their hands.

InvokeNox
Member
Member
Posts: 22
Joined: August 6, 2019 6:07:10

Re: Boruto Chapter 40

Post: # 25330Post InvokeNox
December 19, 2019 17:33:04

The problem for now is how they manage the power levels...for now Kara just feels like Akatsuki, just not to be taken seriously...they have incredible powers, but all over the place, and it's absurd to have only a team of genin face them off and be the only real threat to them

User avatar
bleacheria
Member
Member
Posts: 78
Joined: October 15, 2019 9:18:55

Re: Boruto Chapter 40

Post: # 25961Post bleacheria
December 23, 2019 16:42:51

InvokeNox wrote:
December 19, 2019 17:33:04
The problem for now is how they manage the power levels...for now Kara just feels like Akatsuki, just not to be taken seriously...they have incredible powers, but all over the place, and it's absurd to have only a team of genin face them off and be the only real threat to them
what manga are you guys reading lmao? when does it even seem like they're posing a threat?

InvokeNox
Member
Member
Posts: 22
Joined: August 6, 2019 6:07:10

Re: Boruto Chapter 40

Post: # 25983Post InvokeNox
December 23, 2019 18:49:03

bleacheria wrote:
December 23, 2019 16:42:51
InvokeNox wrote:
December 19, 2019 17:33:04
The problem for now is how they manage the power levels...for now Kara just feels like Akatsuki, just not to be taken seriously...they have incredible powers, but all over the place, and it's absurd to have only a team of genin face them off and be the only real threat to them
what manga are you guys reading lmao? when does it even seem like they're posing a threat?

I was talking about the fact that the 2 most powerful characters of the series couldn't do shit against Ootsutsuki, and honestly how the manga has gone until now, the only ones who can do any shit, is Boruto Sarada Mitsuki and Kawaki, which for this point early in the manga, is pretty stupid and takes all the feeling from it.

User avatar
bleacheria
Member
Member
Posts: 78
Joined: October 15, 2019 9:18:55

Re: Boruto Chapter 40

Post: # 25995Post bleacheria
December 23, 2019 20:43:59

InvokeNox wrote:
December 23, 2019 18:49:03
bleacheria wrote:
December 23, 2019 16:42:51
InvokeNox wrote:
December 19, 2019 17:33:04
The problem for now is how they manage the power levels...for now Kara just feels like Akatsuki, just not to be taken seriously...they have incredible powers, but all over the place, and it's absurd to have only a team of genin face them off and be the only real threat to them
what manga are you guys reading lmao? when does it even seem like they're posing a threat?

I was talking about the fact that the 2 most powerful characters of the series couldn't do shit against Ootsutsuki, and honestly how the manga has gone until now, the only ones who can do any shit, is Boruto Sarada Mitsuki and Kawaki, which for this point early in the manga, is pretty stupid and takes all the feeling from it.
ok i see the issue here - you just want naruto and sasuke blitz every character for the entire manga (may not exactly be what you want to see, but i'm getting that feeling)

here are the flaws:
1) it's called Boruto: Next Generations, not Naruto Shippuden 2
2) "the only ones who can do any shit, is Boruto Sarada Mitsuki and Kawaki," - that's not true at this moment, it literally just got proven wrong since they couldn't do shit against just an Inner ... (edit: just read chapter 41. they managed to get some work done against the inner, but that still has nothing to do with the original argument, which was against Isshiki/Jigen)
3) a plot where the MCs of a shonen just casually beats up the main antagonist is... not good. especially this early in the manga. if you're into shit like that, I think OPM is your type of series.

i think you're gonna absolutely hate when boruto and co surpass naruto and sasuke

InvokeNox
Member
Member
Posts: 22
Joined: August 6, 2019 6:07:10

Re: Boruto Chapter 40

Post: # 26159Post InvokeNox
December 25, 2019 5:11:53

bleacheria wrote:
December 23, 2019 20:43:59
InvokeNox wrote:
December 23, 2019 18:49:03
bleacheria wrote:
December 23, 2019 16:42:51


what manga are you guys reading lmao? when does it even seem like they're posing a threat?

I was talking about the fact that the 2 most powerful characters of the series couldn't do shit against Ootsutsuki, and honestly how the manga has gone until now, the only ones who can do any shit, is Boruto Sarada Mitsuki and Kawaki, which for this point early in the manga, is pretty stupid and takes all the feeling from it.
ok i see the issue here - you just want naruto and sasuke blitz every character for the entire manga (may not exactly be what you want to see, but i'm getting that feeling)

here are the flaws:
1) it's called Boruto: Next Generations, not Naruto Shippuden 2
2) "the only ones who can do any shit, is Boruto Sarada Mitsuki and Kawaki," - that's not true at this moment, it literally just got proven wrong since they couldn't do shit against just an Inner ... (edit: just read chapter 41. they managed to get some work done against the inner, but that still has nothing to do with the original argument, which was against Isshiki/Jigen)
3) a plot where the MCs of a shonen just casually beats up the main antagonist is... not good. especially this early in the manga. if you're into shit like that, I think OPM is your type of series.

i think you're gonna absolutely hate when boruto and co surpass naruto and sasuke
Oh not at all, it's quite the thing i don't wanna see... main characters just beat the shit out of them just because "main characters"

I'll go watch Chapter 41 and discuss more...but the fact remains that they use older characters only for Fan Service and not to boost the next generation.

Post Reply

Return to “Manga Series Discussions”