Balance Update "Suggestions"

Keep yourself updated on all the latest balance changes.
Alexandre
Webmaster
Webmaster

Balance Update "Suggestions"

August 7, 2019 20:35:52

Here you can "suggestion" the next updates.

Next update: Balance 0.10

Dictionary
Suggestion: an idea or plan put forward for consideration.

Edvy

Re: Nerfs & Buffs you can discussion here

August 7, 2019 20:56:42

Is Gaara too strong? Yes, but only because he can't be stunned by most teams.
Is Kankuro weak? Maybe if his prep cost none, he would be better.

Trevor

August 7, 2019 21:03:48

Sand clone needs a cd 100 percent.

Ainnor

August 7, 2019 21:05:06

I think the overall starting characters are too strong and they are making the unlockable characters pointless to unlock. I'd recommend nerfing the current META ones until more characters are being added.
I also think there shouldn't be any oneshot skill/combo (Gaara, Lee, Kakashi) because that's just an insta-lose without much counterplay. Although I do understand it's hard to pull off (not really), but it's still not that enjoyable to get oneshotted on a Strategy RNG based game. At least make them do legit damage instead of literally killing (100 piercing damage perhaps) so that destructible defense can be a way of countering it.
Other things that players feel uncomfortable to play against: Sasuke's Sharingan (the ignore invulnerability part I don't think it should be there, especially for 4 turns); Gaara's clone (I think it should have a cooldown and be breakable by Mental attacks as well, because it'd make Mental class based characters more useful plus it makes sense.); Chouji should not be able to self-target with Meat Tank; Sakura should not be able to self-heal (let that mechanic for stronger healers); Ino's Change of Heart should stun for 3 turns instead of 4.
Tenten's Taijustu ability is too rewarding for its low cost. I'd recommend nerfing the damage on the main target by 5, so it'd be 15 to main and 10 to others.
Neji's Revolving Heavean should have a cooldown of 2 turns, up 1 from 1.

Yoroi can be frustrating to play against sometimes. He heals a lot and damages a lot, being able to reach even 40 damage and Healing, and occasionally steals 2 chakras/turn. Hell, he can heal 70 Health if he has both 1st and 2nd skill active. > Remove the Damage Boost on his Draining Assault and add Anti-Healing abilities on some characters, like Kabuto.

Buffs:
Hinata's Gentle Fist should deal 25 damage instead of 20;
Dosu - a pretty difficult character to balance because of the high damage pontential. I'd recommend making his preparation give him 20 points of destructible defense, but decrease the damage bonus of his Taijutsu by 10 instead of 20. That means he'd deal 30 damage with his preparation on and 20 without.
Sakon - The Taijutsu move should also cost one less random chakra if Parasite is active, so it'd be 20 damage for one Taijutsu instead of one tai and a random.
Kabuto - As stated above, an anti-healing effect can be added on his Chakra Scalpel - Reduce the healing amount of the enemy's skills by 10. I'd also recommend the Chakra Scalpel to be alternatively used as a healing ability on allies, healing them by 20 Health. It's just how it is supposed to be if we follow the anime.
Kisame - Samehada's Shred is too easier to avoid and doesn't apply for the whole duration most of the times. Spending a taijutsu and a ninjutsu for 15 damage and a chakra steal on a 2 turns cooldown is underpowered. Increase the damage by 5, to 20 per turn from 15.

The point of all of this is to make more characters viable and bring more variety to the game. The mentality shouldn't be "oh, we're making this character strong so the Meta can shift", but think of "how should we make this character viable and why would I pick this character over the meta one from a strategical point of view?".
Last edited by Ainnor on August 7, 2019 21:41:39, edited 2 times in total.

Bajora

August 7, 2019 21:40:20

Ainnor wrote:
August 7, 2019 21:05:06
I think the overall starting characters are too strong and they are making the unlockable characters pointless to unlock. I'd recommend nerfing the current META ones until more characters are being added.
I also think there shouldn't be any oneshot skill/combo (Gaara, Lee, Kakashi) because that's just an insta-lose without much counterplay. Although I do understand it's hard to pull off (not really), but it's still not that enjoyable to get oneshotted on a Strategy RNG based game.
Other things that players feel uncomfortable to play against: Sasuke's Sharingan (the ignore invulnerability part I don't think it should be there, especially for 4 turns); Gaara's clone (I think it should have a cooldown and be broken on Mental attacks as well, because it'd make Mental class based characters more useful plus it makes sense.); Chouji should not be able to self-target with Meat Tank; Sakura should not be able to self-heal (let that mechanic for stronger healers); Ino's Change of Heart should stun for 3 turns instead of 4.
Tenten's Taijustu ability is too rewarding for its low cost. I'd recommend nerfing the damage on the main target by 5, so it'd be 15 to main and 10 to others.
Neji's Revolving Heavean should have a cooldown of 2 turns, up 1 from 1.

Yoroi can be frustrating to play against sometimes. He heals a lot and damages a lot, being able to reach even 40 damage and Healing, and occasionally steals 2 chakras/turn. Hell, he can heal 70 Health if he has both 1st and 2nd skill active. > Remove the Damage Boost on his Draining Assault and add Anti-Healing abilities on some characters, like Kabuto.

Buffs:
Hinata's Gentle Fist should deal 25 damage instead of 20;
Dosu - a pretty difficult character to balance because of the high damage pontential. I'd recommend making his preparation give him 20 points of destructible defense, but decrease the damage bonus of his Taijutsu by 10 instead of 20. That means he'd deal 30 damage with his preparation on and 20 without.
Sakon - The Taijutsu move should also cost one less random chakra if Parasite is active, so it'd be 20 damage for one Taijutsu instead of one tai and a random.
Kabuto - As stated above, an anti-healing effect can be added on his Chakra Scalpel - Reduce the healing amount of the enemy's skills by 10. I'd also recommend the Chakra Scalpel to be alternatively used as a healing ability on allies, healing them by 20 Health. It's just how it is supposed to be if we follow the anime.
Kisame - Samehada's Shred is too easier to avoid and doesn't apply for the whole duration most of the times. Spending a taijutsu and a ninjutsu for 15 damage and a chakra steal on a 2 turns cooldown is underpowered. Increase the damage by 5, to 20 per turn from 15.

The point of all of this is to make more characters viable and bring more variety to the game. The mentality shouldn't be "oh, we're making this character strong so the Meta can shift", but think of "how should we make this character viable and why would I pick this character over the meta one from a strategical point of view?".
I agree with almost everything this guy said.
Also, to add, nerf the missions we currently got? Like he said, what's the point of unlocking all these characters if all the broken characters are the basic ones (Gaara ex.)?
You either nerf those missions or buff the unlockable characters and nerf the basic ones. Doubt anyone is having any fun now facing the same 2-3 teams on ladder...

Shinki

August 7, 2019 22:10:12

Gaara: Sand Clone is bad in it's current state mainly because we have limited affliction characters to deal with him. I'd say reverting his sand clone back to Non-Affliction damage would even him out for now.

Hinata: I think she should be reverted to her buffed state in Alpha, 1 tai 15 dmg drain for 2 turns on her Gentle Fist.

Kankuro: Personally I would either like to see his prep last longer (So it's actually possible to get 3 preps stacked), or remove the cost on his prep. I think either buff would be good for him.

Kiba: I think his Dynamic Marking should have a CD of 1 or cost 1 random chakra. Only apply this nerf if Gaara gets nerfed, if not then leave Kiba alone as he is one of the best ways to deal with Gaara right now.

abdikafi99

August 7, 2019 22:22:52

- Add a cooldown to Sand Clone (Gaara)
- Remove the random chakra on his prep (Kankuro)

A simple nerf and buff to follow : )

meet

August 8, 2019 0:57:37

Gaara: Sand clone back to Non-Affliction damage would even him out for now. Sand Coffin should do 10 damage or last two turns for sand coffin than just lasting 1 turn like the old days.

Kankuro: Crow Prep needs to last more than 3 turns that way it can stack for piercing damage.

Nerf: Lee Lotus that instant kills 100 damage to 50 or 60.

Bones512

August 8, 2019 1:52:09

I think Gaara should be reverted back his original NA state. Remember if you damaged Gaara if he didn't have DD or DR the sand clone would come off.

Kunn

August 8, 2019 1:55:09

• Garra with cooldown on sandclone or make it like old garra.

• Kankuro’s okay but needs more turn for his prep.
ImageImageImage

Return to “Balance Discussion”