Balance Update "Suggestions"

Keep yourself updated on all the latest balance changes.
Riku12

Re: Nerfs & Buffs you can discussion here

August 9, 2019 21:26:31

Bajora wrote:
August 7, 2019 21:40:20
Ainnor wrote:
August 7, 2019 21:05:06
I think the overall starting characters are too strong and they are making the unlockable characters pointless to unlock. I'd recommend nerfing the current META ones until more characters are being added.
I also think there shouldn't be any oneshot skill/combo (Gaara, Lee, Kakashi) because that's just an insta-lose without much counterplay. Although I do understand it's hard to pull off (not really), but it's still not that enjoyable to get oneshotted on a Strategy RNG based game.
Other things that players feel uncomfortable to play against: Sasuke's Sharingan (the ignore invulnerability part I don't think it should be there, especially for 4 turns); Gaara's clone (I think it should have a cooldown and be broken on Mental attacks as well, because it'd make Mental class based characters more useful plus it makes sense.); Chouji should not be able to self-target with Meat Tank; Sakura should not be able to self-heal (let that mechanic for stronger healers); Ino's Change of Heart should stun for 3 turns instead of 4.
Tenten's Taijustu ability is too rewarding for its low cost. I'd recommend nerfing the damage on the main target by 5, so it'd be 15 to main and 10 to others.
Neji's Revolving Heavean should have a cooldown of 2 turns, up 1 from 1.

Yoroi can be frustrating to play against sometimes. He heals a lot and damages a lot, being able to reach even 40 damage and Healing, and occasionally steals 2 chakras/turn. Hell, he can heal 70 Health if he has both 1st and 2nd skill active. > Remove the Damage Boost on his Draining Assault and add Anti-Healing abilities on some characters, like Kabuto.

Buffs:
Hinata's Gentle Fist should deal 25 damage instead of 20;
Dosu - a pretty difficult character to balance because of the high damage pontential. I'd recommend making his preparation give him 20 points of destructible defense, but decrease the damage bonus of his Taijutsu by 10 instead of 20. That means he'd deal 30 damage with his preparation on and 20 without.
Sakon - The Taijutsu move should also cost one less random chakra if Parasite is active, so it'd be 20 damage for one Taijutsu instead of one tai and a random.
Kabuto - As stated above, an anti-healing effect can be added on his Chakra Scalpel - Reduce the healing amount of the enemy's skills by 10. I'd also recommend the Chakra Scalpel to be alternatively used as a healing ability on allies, healing them by 20 Health. It's just how it is supposed to be if we follow the anime.
Kisame - Samehada's Shred is too easier to avoid and doesn't apply for the whole duration most of the times. Spending a taijutsu and a ninjutsu for 15 damage and a chakra steal on a 2 turns cooldown is underpowered. Increase the damage by 5, to 20 per turn from 15.

The point of all of this is to make more characters viable and bring more variety to the game. The mentality shouldn't be "oh, we're making this character strong so the Meta can shift", but think of "how should we make this character viable and why would I pick this character over the meta one from a strategical point of view?".
I agree with almost everything this guy said.
Also, to add, nerf the missions we currently got? Like he said, what's the point of unlocking all these characters if all the broken characters are the basic ones (Gaara ex.)?
You either nerf those missions or buff the unlockable characters and nerf the basic ones. Doubt anyone is having any fun now facing the same 2-3 teams on ladder...
I fully agree with you

Matt

August 9, 2019 22:24:01

Just put a cooldown on his sand armor thingy and the game will be balance for awhile .

DietCock

August 9, 2019 23:57:15

Ok so from my experience so far these are the changes I think should be made to make the game a lil' bit more balanced (AND YES I did add the pics so that it would be more visual):
Note that I won't mention characters like Tenten, Drunken Lee, or Mizuki 'cause they're bugged so it's hard to know how powerful they really are atm.

NERFS

Image Image
Gaara
+1 Sand Clone's cool down. I think this has been covered enough throughout this topic: he's simply too powerful atm and this would actually decrease his power a lot.

Image Image
Kabuto
- "chakra increase" effect on Chakra Scalpel.
+ "target ignores healing" effect on Chakra Scalpel.
Kabuto is simply too strong atm. I don't know about you but I definitely have a hard time facing him in every game I see him. His stun is problematic and abusable with AoE stuns (like Tayuya's, you know, as the meta is), but it's his no-cooldown damage move what is the strongest. There is no counterplay for the cost increase mechanic, and having that in a no-cooldown cheap attack is simply too strong. Not that he really needs an added effect on this skill but I saw in an above post the "no heal" effect and though it was pretty cool and would fit his character properly, so yeah... I support that.

Image Image
Sasuke
-1 turn duration on Sharingan.
-1 cool down on Sharingan.
Idk if this is the most urgent of nerfs but Sasuke's Sharingan definitely feels like it's a tad too strong. Lowering its duration (along with its cooldown) would leave more room for counterplay IMO.

BUFFS

Image Image
Sakon and Ukon
-1 random chakra cost on 'Gattling Punch' (which btw is spelled Gatling, one l) while ' Parasite Demon Demolition' is active (and while we're at it, 'Parasite Demon Technique' was a way better name for that skill, why would you change it)

Hinata
So hear me out on this one: as much as I would like to say +5 damage on her kit would make her balanced, the truth is it wouldn't. The reason is simple: if you want a chakra remover who uses Taijutsu, you pick Neji, or you pick Yoroi. Not because those characters are op, but because they are far more reliable than her: she takes forever to get going, and her chakra removal is not significant enough to contribute to a fight greatly, so she is just not a solid pick. This may be controversial, but if you want to balance her out you have to make her fill her niche, and this is why I propose a mini rework (nothing major, I promise). Whilst Neji is a chakra remover who brings a lot of damage into the fight, and Yoroi is a chakra remover with drain (so somewhat of a disruption thing going on, you get what I mean), I understand Hinata's role should be that of a drain character who also protects her team. The problem with buffing her damage is that you would be forcing her to become a "second Neji", and there is really no reason to do that. Here is a possible rework, just to get ideas going:

Hinata Gentle Fist
Hinata deals 20 damage to one enemy and removes one chakra from them. During 'Byakugan' this skill will last 2 turns.
Image Image
1 cd

Protective Eight Trigrams Sixty-Four Palms
Hinata deals 10 damage to all enemies and grants all allies 10 DD for 1 turn. During 'Byakugan' this skill will lose 1 cooldown and give 5 more DD to her team.
1 cd

Byakugan
Hinata will improve her other skills for 4 turns, gaining 15 DR during this time.
4 cd
(not changed)

Some Overall Thoughts
Ok so I've probably annoyed everyone I know by ranting about this, but all tea no shade my main issue with the game right now is that you are copying old n-a's skillsets, and while we do appreciate the nostalgia, I think it's important to remark that this is only a path that can lead to failure. Leave the characters we have so far as they are, but make sure the new ones aren't the same as their old version. Why? Well, the reason is simple: old n-a was -and I cannot stress this enough- VERY plain and basic: almost every character had a 20 damage move, a prep that would improve some skill or allow another one, and a third skill that would either deal high amounts of damage or something similar (like medium damage with some small added effect incorporated to it, or whatever, you get the point). You have the chance not only to bring n-a back to life but also the possibility to learn from its mistakes. Remember when they had to change the stun/drain system to stun/drain specific classes/chakra 'cause the game had so many -similar- characters it was very easy to create abusable combos? I do.
You have to opportunity to bring more special and fun to play skillsets into the game (as well as original ones!), so I would love it if you took advantage of it.
Right now it feels like every other character has the "the target ignores DR/invul", and this is a remanent of old n-a's lack of potential, so you know... don't walk their same road. I think I've gotten my point across, lol.

Ok I realize it is a long post, and I'm sorry to take so much of your time, but I felt like it was important. Thanks for reading.
New Luke who dis - X - Y

abdikafi99

August 10, 2019 0:13:38

Riku12 wrote:
August 9, 2019 21:26:31
Bajora wrote:
August 7, 2019 21:40:20
Ainnor wrote:
August 7, 2019 21:05:06
I think the overall starting characters are too strong and they are making the unlockable characters pointless to unlock. I'd recommend nerfing the current META ones until more characters are being added.
I also think there shouldn't be any oneshot skill/combo (Gaara, Lee, Kakashi) because that's just an insta-lose without much counterplay. Although I do understand it's hard to pull off (not really), but it's still not that enjoyable to get oneshotted on a Strategy RNG based game.
Other things that players feel uncomfortable to play against: Sasuke's Sharingan (the ignore invulnerability part I don't think it should be there, especially for 4 turns); Gaara's clone (I think it should have a cooldown and be broken on Mental attacks as well, because it'd make Mental class based characters more useful plus it makes sense.); Chouji should not be able to self-target with Meat Tank; Sakura should not be able to self-heal (let that mechanic for stronger healers); Ino's Change of Heart should stun for 3 turns instead of 4.
Tenten's Taijustu ability is too rewarding for its low cost. I'd recommend nerfing the damage on the main target by 5, so it'd be 15 to main and 10 to others.
Neji's Revolving Heavean should have a cooldown of 2 turns, up 1 from 1.

Yoroi can be frustrating to play against sometimes. He heals a lot and damages a lot, being able to reach even 40 damage and Healing, and occasionally steals 2 chakras/turn. Hell, he can heal 70 Health if he has both 1st and 2nd skill active. > Remove the Damage Boost on his Draining Assault and add Anti-Healing abilities on some characters, like Kabuto.

Buffs:
Hinata's Gentle Fist should deal 25 damage instead of 20;
Dosu - a pretty difficult character to balance because of the high damage pontential. I'd recommend making his preparation give him 20 points of destructible defense, but decrease the damage bonus of his Taijutsu by 10 instead of 20. That means he'd deal 30 damage with his preparation on and 20 without.
Sakon - The Taijutsu move should also cost one less random chakra if Parasite is active, so it'd be 20 damage for one Taijutsu instead of one tai and a random.
Kabuto - As stated above, an anti-healing effect can be added on his Chakra Scalpel - Reduce the healing amount of the enemy's skills by 10. I'd also recommend the Chakra Scalpel to be alternatively used as a healing ability on allies, healing them by 20 Health. It's just how it is supposed to be if we follow the anime.
Kisame - Samehada's Shred is too easier to avoid and doesn't apply for the whole duration most of the times. Spending a taijutsu and a ninjutsu for 15 damage and a chakra steal on a 2 turns cooldown is underpowered. Increase the damage by 5, to 20 per turn from 15.

The point of all of this is to make more characters viable and bring more variety to the game. The mentality shouldn't be "oh, we're making this character strong so the Meta can shift", but think of "how should we make this character viable and why would I pick this character over the meta one from a strategical point of view?".
I agree with almost everything this guy said.
Also, to add, nerf the missions we currently got? Like he said, what's the point of unlocking all these characters if all the broken characters are the basic ones (Gaara ex.)?
You either nerf those missions or buff the unlockable characters and nerf the basic ones. Doubt anyone is having any fun now facing the same 2-3 teams on ladder...
I fully agree with you
I fully agree with you you

Yoh

August 10, 2019 4:14:31

I'm just here to say that Gaara should be tweaked a bit cuz I just got 1v3 by him. (cuz im a noob)
it is I the 6man

Dzakira

August 10, 2019 7:30:42

Gaara nerf:Image
Just change his sand clone with the old version,best and the only working version to make him balanced.
And Kiba dynamic marking just needs 1 turn cooldown like this:
As for the rest of the characters they are all pretty balanced,those would be the most urgent nerfs that needs to happen,everyone abusing gaara and kiba no cooldown skills.
also hinata needs a buff
her gentle fist should cost only 1 tai at least so she can be decent

Starrk

August 10, 2019 9:54:59

I dont think they should add cooldown or 1 random chakra at sand clone, they should change it all, he would still op even when it's nerfed, he would still ignoring all stun if u dont have an affliction skill to attack him, this is breaking the ladder, whichs making u always use an anti-meta. My opinion, think they should bring us the sand clone from Alpha Version at least

Dzakira

August 10, 2019 13:24:54

Also fix guy sixth gate opening killing himself,that would also be something that should be adressed soon,so many bugs,I just hope you guys have the staff to fix them,I heard Crimson is pretty good,his help could be really well received.

hakase

August 10, 2019 15:00:55

Rock Lee Fifth Gate Opening: After he has only 1 hit point he should no longer be able to use this skill, as this skill deals damage to his body, so when he has only 1 hit point, he cannot simply be invulnarable for two turns without any damage. I've already lost one battle against him, while I still had two characters, one with 60 and one with 100 hit points, and he activated this skill with only 1 hit point and win the battle. I find that a bit much and even unfair.

iliya

August 10, 2019 16:05:58

Starrk wrote:
August 10, 2019 9:54:59
I dont think they should add cooldown or 1 random chakra at sand clone, they should change it all, he would still op even when it's nerfed, he would still ignoring all stun if u dont have an affliction skill to attack him, this is breaking the ladder, whichs making u always use an anti-meta. My opinion, think they should bring us the sand clone from Alpha Version at least
When it was him ignoring stuns till damaged in old n-a that was a fine skill. Right now its too broken
"im nerd? lol you really have lost this argument
bye.blocked" ~Benjammin 2019

Return to “Balance Discussion”