Uzumaki Naruto (S)

Keep yourself updated on all the latest balance changes.
masterofthegame

Uzumaki Naruto (S)

October 24, 2019 2:18:15

With his current balancing, he enables pretty much all OTK characters there are with little to none someone can do about it. My suggestion is:
  • Mass Shadow Clones Naruto creates a giant amount of clones. The following turn, Naruto will counter the first new harmful skill used on him, dealing 25 damage to the countered target. Oodama Rasengan will be replaced by 'Rasenshuriken'. This skill is invisible.
A +25 damage buff to the shadow clones' counter for the sake of the following nerf:
  • Chakra Boost Naruto cycles his chakra to give him a surge of power, removing all harmful skills on him and gaining 10 points of damage reduction for one turn. The following turn, Oodama Rasengan is improved and has no cost.
25 damage to the countered target + 75 from Rasenshuriken is a far more balanced instant-kill than what he currently enables by spam-giving people chakra and encourages people to play smart and around counters.

oilcandy

Re: Uzumaki Naruto (S)

October 24, 2019 4:46:29

masterofthegame wrote:
October 24, 2019 2:18:15
With his current balancing, he enables pretty much all OTK characters there are with little to none someone can do about it. My suggestion is:
  • Mass Shadow Clones Naruto creates a giant amount of clones. The following turn, Naruto will counter the first new harmful skill used on him, dealing 25 damage to the countered target. Oodama Rasengan will be replaced by 'Rasenshuriken'. This skill is invisible.
A +25 damage buff to the shadow clones' counter for the sake of the following nerf:
  • Chakra Boost Naruto cycles his chakra to give him a surge of power, removing all harmful skills on him and gaining 10 points of damage reduction for one turn. The following turn, Oodama Rasengan is improved and has no cost.
25 damage to the countered target + 75 from Rasenshuriken is a far more balanced instant-kill than what he currently enables by spam-giving people chakra and encourages people to play smart and around counters.
I like the concept, don't like the numbers, but I agree... a change is kinda needed

Laphy

October 24, 2019 5:11:43

I actually dont see him as a threat the same way you describe him to be. He’s chakra fodder for sure but there are lots of ways to handle him.

But if he does get a change, i think if chakra boost makes oodama rasengan cost 0 on its next use rather than just next turn, it would help him bluff hard. I think his biggest asset is bluffing his clones and launching a 75 rasengan. He really isnt much of a threat since bis only offensive skill is expensive with 1cd.
Avy by: DevilGFX

Melody

October 24, 2019 14:50:44

Laphy wrote:
October 24, 2019 5:11:43
I actually dont see him as a threat the same way you describe him to be. He’s chakra fodder for sure but there are lots of ways to handle him.

But if he does get a change, i think if chakra boost makes oodama rasengan cost 0 on its next use rather than just next turn, it would help him bluff hard. I think his biggest asset is bluffing his clones and launching a 75 rasengan. He really isnt much of a threat since bis only offensive skill is expensive with 1cd.
Well, if his supreme OTK synergy would be nerfed/removed, you actually have more of a power-budget leftover to make him a strong character outside of that. Battery characters are dangerous, cause high-cost skills in this game are a bit too powerful for my taste.

At the very least, the way he is played right now, it's just kind of frustrating to face - some teamcomps almost auto-lose, others almost auto-win and it all comes down to luck in the end anyway with far less strategy involved than usual.
I think his strongest, most fun aspect is his strong bluff play with the 75 dmg threat.

Return to “Balance Discussion”