Simple Buffs Suggestion List

Keep yourself updated on all the latest balance changes.
Watanuki

Simple Buffs Suggestion List

November 18, 2019 0:45:04

Hey guys. So, i compiled some of my suggestions about how to improve some characters in a simple way: by that i mean i'm not proposing anything too crazy like rework skills or characters, just some tweaks on damage, cooldowns, type and effects. I think some characters would need a total rework (like Ino (S) and Hidan) so they are not included in this buff suggestions.

I'm following two principles with my suggestions:

1 - Its better to buff than nerf characters. So, i could make a topic with some characters that i think are too strong, overused and need some nerfs, but i think that making some old characters viable its a more efficient way to go. In fact, the only character that needs to be banned is Deva Pain :ugeek:
2 - Its better a simple and "weak" buff, than a stronger and probably unbalanced one. My intention is not to make some old characters suddently appear on ladder, but to make them a little more consistent, in order to fit them better in some teams.

Okay, so lets talk:

Animal Path Pain

Drill Bird is too weak. 2 chakra for 15 damage per turn is too slow, and useless. It cannot stack (too long CD), its physical (easy to counter), and its flat damage, so its really trash.
Suggestion: Turn Drill Bird into piercing damage, and when Invisible Chameleon is activated, all skills from Animal Path Pain became uncounterable and unreflected.

Sasuke (S)

The Great Dragon Fire skill suffers the same problem as Drill Bird skill. Its flat damage. In the case of Sasuke (S), i really think it could be affliction damage. It would help Sasuke deal with characters like Tsume. I also think that the 5 damage passive could go away.
Another option is just to diminish the cooldown from Fire Dragon to 2 turn, so it could stack both the damage and the passive.

Konan (S)

Her kit is not bad, but the main problem with Konan it is the fact that all her abilities are physical. Since she kinda demands a taijutsu on the team, you end up with two physical characters that are so vulnerable to a lot of stuns. Even if you complete the team with a Mental support, it could not protect the team enough.
Suggestion: Make all her skills chakra instead of physical.

Nara Shikamaru (S)

I'm not sure about the damages and cooldowns on this one. Its a problem the fact that Shadow Sewing can basicly be used only 1 time while Long Range Tatics are active, but i think removing its cooldown would make the character too strong. I think its smart to let him like it is, to be used not as a main damage dealer, but as a support with Expert Analysis (also, probably this is one of my favorite skills in the game. I think its a really smart concept)
Suggestion: Long Range Tatics should stun all non-mental skills.

Kankuro (S)

Kankuro is kinda slow in his playstyle. He is a support, but too costly to be efficient. Damage reduction is way less effective than healing in this game (since piercing damage is so common) and even against affliction characters like Jiraya or Shino (S) his skills are chakra demanding.
Suggestion: Make Karasu Knives cost two chakra only when countered by Kuroari Trap. Then it would be the same effect, double damage. Otherwise Karasu Knives could be only 1 random, since its flat damage and has a 1 turn cooldown. The affliction damage should be removed (30 damage for 1 chakra would be too much).

Yakushi Kabuto (S)

Too much of a niche character. Would suggest to buff Dead Soul Jutsu to make the character ignore all helpfull effects for 1 turn, and healing for 2 turns. Charging Mistical Palm should stun healing AND stun effects from the enemy.
This could be seen as an overbuff since Bliss Brnging Hands from Yamato do less damage for the same effect and same cost, but we can agree that ninjutsu is way more used (and easy to clash with party members) than blood. Its more easy to fit a blood/gen support character than a nin support character on the team.

Juugo (S)

It doesnt make any sense the cooldown drawback from "Fusion". "40 healing" for 2 chakra, and 1 turn cooldown is way more fair than a lot of healers in the game (cof cof Sakura S)

Akimichi Chouji (S)

I dont think this character is so bad, it is just outshined by some other ones. But Ive got a couple of suggestions:

- Make Expansion Technique give infinity destructible defense (not a 4 turn
expire one)
- Make Spiked Meat Tank counter both physical and melee skills, but only melee skills would take the 25 damage.
- Make the option to choose, even while Expansion Technique is active, to use Spiked Meat Tank as a counter.

Okay, so those are my suggestions. I would like to know your opinion, do you guys liked the suggestion? Does any of these seem as an overbuff? Would they improve the game in any sense? Also, would like to know if you guys have any recommendations like these. There are a lot of characters that would benefit from a simple tweak, but i havent tried them all.

Thanks for the attention.

God-Snow

Re: Simple Buffs Suggestion List

November 18, 2019 1:15:05

Concordo em relação ao Shika e ao Choji, mas não acho que o restante seja fraco, principalmente o Kankuro (S).
Tu está praticamente querendo ditar um meta.

Klushluck

Re: Simple Buffs Suggestion List

November 18, 2019 4:05:32

Watanuki wrote:
November 18, 2019 0:45:04

Konan (S)

Her kit is not bad, but the main problem with Konan it is the fact that all her abilities are physical. Since she kinda demands a taijutsu on the team, you end up with two physical characters that are so vulnerable to a lot of stuns. Even if you complete the team with a Mental support, it could not protect the team enough.
Suggestion: Make all her skills chakra instead of physical.
Love this. Fortunately Konan managed to have an OK skillset from the older days. Making them chakra makes more sense too thematically because the damage is physical but the paper is chakra. It's like fire, it's physical but it's made of chakra.
Image Image Image Image

Return to “Balance Discussion”