Buff Bushy Brow

Keep yourself updated on all the latest balance changes.
Nylor

Buff Bushy Brow

November 18, 2019 14:15:11

Buff Lee

Why?
Because he currently has a hit or miss kit, (spoilers: mostly miss), that requires a long time set up, high chakra requirements, pay off is countable, and the rest of his kit trails behind.

How so?
His High-Speed Taijustsu requires a Tai (green), Frontal Lotus, requires a Tai+Ran, 5th gate requires Tai, and Final Lotus Requires 2 Tais. This means that Lee's entire kit will be competing for that Tai chakra. More importantly, to do any kind of respectable damage, you'd have to combo your abilities, which again, require Tai, without it, you do nothing.

So, how do you fix it?
Simple. Make High-Speed Taijutsu a random, instead of green. This would allow Lee to do something outside of the 5th Gate +Final Lotus combo. The damage would cap out at 70 dmg, at the very worst-case scenario. (30 HST + 40 Frontal Lotus, provided skill isn't interrupted within the 3 turn window. Or 65 (HST + Gate) if you ever went that way. Overall, this makes his kit more interactive, and reliable, instead of just waiting for 3 Tai's the whole game.

Edit - Wouldn't mind a trade-off nerf to the damage of High-Speed Taijutsu since it is stackable, maybe 5 from 10, if made more reliable. [negotiable]

PS - Final Lotus is counterable, and Lee can be stunned or killed thru invul while in 5th Gate, by characters like Ino, Minato, Chiyo, etc. Thus, 5G + Final Lotus combo is very demanding (as it should be), but it should be a high risk, high reward avenue, and not the only way to contribute as Lee.

What about chakra batteries?
Ah yes, the cheeky old Lee/Gaara/Naruto(s) combo. This is why I specifically urge the Devs to AVOID any chances to 5th Gate (such as a making it free) or Final Lotus chakra costs. Shipp Naruto's ability to convert 2 randoms into 1tai,1nin, can increase the accessibility of the 5G+Final Combo, but it is extremely easy to prevent via counters, stuns, drains, or just by target focusing one down. As it stands right now, that composition is very easy to beat because it requires time and chakra. This suggested change, would not alter the interaction of that combo. At the worst, it would only shift Naruto(s) chakra boost to be used into a Frontal Lotus combo for 40 dmg.

Bonus: Who cares?
I do. I don't particularly care for Lee, but I genuinely want to help balance things whenever possible. Sasuke's Sharingan was recently changed, to enable him a bit better, and it makes me happy that the Devs are open-minded and willing to take chances to improve the game. Thus, I'll continue to try and help when I can :)
Tank DPS 3.jpg
Tank DPS 3.jpg (17 KiB) Viewed 1420 times
Last edited by Nylor on November 18, 2019 16:39:08, edited 1 time in total.

Klushluck

Re: Buff Bushy Brow

November 18, 2019 14:31:10

Agreed, he's just a 3 tai bot right now. HST should cost a random, have a cooldown and grant only 5 DR. Or improve Lotus by just 5. There are a lot of variations of this, but basically HST costing a random is a good idea.
Image Image Image Image

sasukerulezz

November 18, 2019 14:54:53

The mission to unlock Might Guy was horrifying simply because of the team's chakra composition. Since ALL of Lee's skills requried taijutsu, he was doing a bunch of nothing when tenten and neji could've done something a bit more useful. Idk how i ever managed to beat that mission, but it wasn't strategy. Cause there is no strategy. because all their skills share the same Chakra. which is dumb.

So yes. im all in for making HST one random chakra. idec if its no cooldown. Guy's mission should not be that hard. its the hardest mission in the game.

Image Image Image

Terror1

November 19, 2019 3:52:37

Tbh I skipped guys mission because of how much tai you require. I agree this would solve... 1/3rd of the problem with that mission, and the character as a whole.

aab2

November 22, 2019 5:28:23

high speed tai a random, make the gates like gai S but less uses

Ex1

November 28, 2019 8:38:35

aab2 wrote:
November 22, 2019 5:28:23
high speed tai a random, make the gates like gai S but less uses
This.

It's a great tool when stacked. Make it more usable for more strategizing. Instead of preying for gates.

Return to “Balance Discussion”