Improving Chakra System

Keep yourself updated on all the latest balance changes.
boyloc0

Improving Chakra System

March 27, 2020 15:11:17

So even tho personally i think the system is ok, i see lots of people complain about how the chakra system works, and i get it, its really annoying to get like 0 0 0 9. But the thing is we need the random aspect of the chakra system, otherwise it would get boring pretty quick.

So i came up with an idea to improve it a bit and make it harder to be in a 0 0 0 X scenario. Here is how i think it works right now: U have a 25% chance of getting any chakra and the chakra u get dont influence the chance of getting the second chakra.

What i would suggest is to limit the chakra pool, im gonna give u guys an example to make what i mean more clear. Lets say we decide to limit the chakra pool at 20 each round, so that means there are 5 of each chakra avaible for u to get, so the first chakra u get will have a 25% chance to be any kind, but here is where it gets different, lets say u got 1 tai, the next chakra u get will have a 26,3% chance of beeing gen/nin/blood and a 21% chance of beeing tai, since the pool now has 19 chakras and only 4 tai. Lets say u get tai again, now we have 18 chakras on the pool and only 3 tai that means 16,7% chance of getting a tai.

We could limit it on like 16 chakras to make it even harder to happen... But anyway thats what i came up with, let me know what u think. ^^

Yahiko

Re: Improving Chakra System

March 27, 2020 15:22:25

i am not sure i fully get it. hmmm like i am in a game and i start with a tai does that mean the probability of me getting another tai is reduced to like 21% ?
and when will it return to their 25% chance ? when i get an equal pools of chakra ? like i have 2222 so getting a tai would be 25 %

Mazard

March 27, 2020 15:28:41

I just think the current system drives players to play the game. Even tho it's pretty unfair I don't think it needs changing for now.
Check out my characters: Image Image Image Image

boyloc0

March 27, 2020 15:31:34

Yahiko what i suggested is a round based pool, so if u start with tai that makes no difference for next round, it only impacts like the 3 chakra u get per round, if u steal or loose it would impact like 4 or 2 chakra, but only for a round no stacking.

It would only nerf the chance of getting like 3 tai in one round.

And mazard, i dont have a problem with the system in play rn but i think this would make the game a bit more skill oriented which would be good for high ladder players and for wars/events in my point of view.

Kayoxity

March 27, 2020 15:42:29

I agree but I want to add to this.
Your idea of 5 + 5 + 5 + 5 = 20. But each chakra will end at 1 and not 0. Because suppose if you got 5 tai already and suppose you got 10 more chakra (to make it 20) in your pool then you'll never get tai for the next 10 chakra. And probably by this time you have only 1 or 2 chars alive. Suppose you have lee alive lol.
If the chakra count stops at 1 then you will at least have a probability to get that chakra.
Could be made more complex like if a char dies then a new pool with smaller total will start.

Also, the total count is arguable and should be tested if its ever implemented.

Yasuke

March 27, 2020 15:42:41

Too much math my brain hurts.

boyloc0

March 27, 2020 16:00:35

Kayoxity wrote:
March 27, 2020 15:42:29
I agree but I want to add to this.
Your idea of 5 + 5 + 5 + 5 = 20. But each chakra will end at 1 and not 0. Because suppose if you got 5 tai already and suppose you got 10 more chakra (to make it 20) in your pool then you'll never get tai for the next 10 chakra. And probably by this time you have only 1 or 2 chars alive. Suppose you have lee alive lol.
If the chakra count stops at 1 then you will at least have a probability to get that chakra.
Could be made more complex like if a char dies then a new pool with smaller total will start.

Also, the total count is arguable and should be tested if its ever implemented.
So what im suggesting is a pool thats round based so it only affects the chakra u get on a specific round, that means each round u can get 3 or whatever amount of chakra u getting off this limited pool but for the next round the pool is reseted

Kayoxity

March 27, 2020 16:07:38

Oh, my bad I didn't read till the end.
It's alright for one round.

DatNiggaTyrone

March 27, 2020 16:34:16

boyloc0 wrote:
March 27, 2020 15:11:17
So even tho personally i think the system is ok, i see lots of people complain about how the chakra system works, and i get it, its really annoying to get like 0 0 0 9. But the thing is we need the random aspect of the chakra system, otherwise it would get boring pretty quick.

So i came up with an idea to improve it a bit and make it harder to be in a 0 0 0 X scenario. Here is how i think it works right now: U have a 25% chance of getting any chakra and the chakra u get dont influence the chance of getting the second chakra.

What i would suggest is to limit the chakra pool, im gonna give u guys an example to make what i mean more clear. Lets say we decide to limit the chakra pool at 20 each round, so that means there are 5 of each chakra avaible for u to get, so the first chakra u get will have a 25% chance to be any kind, but here is where it gets different, lets say u got 1 tai, the next chakra u get will have a 26,3% chance of beeing gen/nin/blood and a 21% chance of beeing tai, since the pool now has 19 chakras and only 4 tai. Lets say u get tai again, now we have 18 chakras on the pool and only 3 tai that means 16,7% chance of getting a tai.

We could limit it on like 16 chakras to make it even harder to happen... But anyway thats what i came up with, let me know what u think. ^^
That's a very poorly-worded system you're suggesting.

How about you just have a fucking button that "rolls your luck" to avoid getting another one of the same colors if it's past a certain number? > got 3 blues last round > re-roll: get any of the other colors expect blue
This can be limited to a number of uses per match. Seems a lot easier than what you're proposing, fam.

SHIIIIIIEEET!

boyloc0

March 27, 2020 18:23:06

Well, i dont like that i think randomness is a important factor of games like this one. I just wanted to make it a little bit less lucky based and more skillbased. So just to clarify what im suggeting cause a lot of people not getting it.

Every turn u get a certain amount of chakra from a limited pool and every turn that pool is reseted to 20 chakra (5 each color). So you can still get 3 tai every turn, the thing is the odds of that happening are lower. It could be like 16 chakra pool so it even slimmer chance of stacking chakra.

Return to “Balance Discussion”