N-A Tier List [Updated]

Keep yourself updated on all the latest balance changes.
DietCock

N-A Tier List [Updated]

August 24, 2019 18:18:11

Naruto-Arena Tier List
by DietCock

Disclaimer
So this is fairly simple: using a custom tier list creator I will be making a Tier List of the characters I personally think are the strongest in each patch. You should note that this is just a matter of personal opinion and I am in no way the strongest player nor the most objective person, but I consider myself to be decent enough at the game to put my opinion out there. You may agree with my picks, or disagree with them, and you're more than welcome to.

Purpose
I think this would be a great way to help new players, and guide the people in charge of balancing to know how the comunity feels about the state the game is at (balance-wise). The tier list is based on how powerful I think every character is in terms of their kit and balance, and how effective they are at the moment of being played.

Current Tier List (Patch 0.4)

the characters are not ordered in any particuar way inside each tier

Tiers
  • S Tier: These characters are plain and simply OP. Their kit has too much power, or they allow for certain combos which leave little chance to counterplay. More often than not, these characters will end up getting nerfed.
  • A Tier: Characters in this tier are powerful, but not in an absurd way like tier S. They are balanced, but with a tiny bit of extra strength that makes them more useable than others. They are usually part of the metas and/or anti-metas of the moment.
  • B Tier: B is for Balanced. Characters in this tier are what I consider to be balanced, and where you would want your characters to be if you are an admin (wary). They have their strengths, but they also have their weaknesses. This should also be, if everything runs smoothly, the most populated group of them all.
  • C Tier: Characters in this tier are what I consider to be balanced, but unpopular picks. This is usually due to another character (in higher tiers) being able to do what they do in a more effective way. Usually they are not underpowered, but could be the ones to fall to lower tiers if the meta shifts a lil' bit. They are on the edge between balanced and UP.
  • D Tier: Characters in this tier are UP, but only slightly, not in a drastic way. They lack that extra punch in their kit to make them more viable, or they are simply too unreliable and situational to consider them as suitable picks outside one specific team.
  • F Tier: Much like S tier is made to identify outstandingly OP characters, F tier is its UP-characters counterpart. Characters in this tier are not a good pick, because there are simply way too many better choices than them. They are weak.
Last edited by DietCock on September 6, 2019 16:20:39, edited 11 times in total.
New Luke who dis - X - Y

DietCock

Re: N-A Tier List

August 24, 2019 18:18:40

Tier List Archive
Ordered from most recent to oldest
Thank you all so much for reading.

Much love,
Luke
Last edited by DietCock on September 6, 2019 16:17:30, edited 5 times in total.
New Luke who dis - X - Y

Jashka

August 24, 2019 18:25:45

Baki in weak pick?? His piercing physical damage is OP

Saad

August 24, 2019 18:52:12

great idea luke! you can put me in S tier btw

Laphy

August 24, 2019 19:05:30

I instantly looked at the top and meh, all ok. But i noticed the middle to low chars and i see a lot of really good chars there. Heck my streak team chars are all middle to low. Tayuya, Gaara, and Shukaku are at least B.

More or less, the S and A-tier chars are agreed on by many. But the lower ones are all subjective. But what bothered me here are the D and F chars that arent even bad at all. Oboro? Mizuki? Dosu? Seriously?
Avy by: DevilGFX

DietCock

August 24, 2019 19:20:49

So before anyone else posts about this, it's not that all the characters in the bottom tier are extremely bad (some are, but others aren't). This tier list takes into account usage as well, so some characters you see in the bottom tiers could be strong in the right comp but aren't used often. This is clarified in the "Tiers" section but I thought of making a separate post just in case.

Thanks for the feedback.

Edit: Oh that's my bad, Oboro is meant to be C tier, not D. I'll fix it when I have some time.
New Luke who dis - X - Y

Crip

August 24, 2019 19:23:41

Damn threw my boy Rehab Gaara The GOAT in the F section lmao
avy by Gaze

SilentBlizzard

August 25, 2019 6:02:13

how come shino is more popular than gaara and lee?

Rustam

August 25, 2019 6:13:47

lol i disagree with this tier

AnteMito

August 25, 2019 7:16:57

only pick i disagree is orochimaru, i'd consider him a C tier character, other than that i agree with the list

Return to “Balance Discussion”