Metal

Any topic related to music, from rock to J-Pop, can be posted in here.
Post Reply
User avatar
Ian
Member
Member
Posts: 28
Joined: August 5, 2019 6:05:43
Location: California, USA

Metal

Post: # 32878Post Ian
February 2, 2020 6:49:45

Anyone else here into metal, or any of its many subgenres? If so, list some of your top bands.

I'll be posting mine soon. With more info about the different types of metal music.
Image
Webmaster of Naruto-Kun.com (R.I.P N-K)
Global Moderator on the original N-B and S-B

User avatar
Parkiet
Member
Member
Posts: 1254
Joined: September 9, 2019 14:11:52
Location: Poland

Re: Metal

Post: # 32880Post Parkiet
February 2, 2020 8:35:01

I like different kinds of metal and rock music.

I used to listen more thrash but nowadays I listen music from:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCknVpW ... kqo-aPXs_g

also some post rock, post metal etc, sometimes atmospheric black metal like:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkp9SjNoZHI

Some albums I liked more recently are for example:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFvSuNUZgG8&t=1683s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjLhPXmEOCM

I have some good channels with music like that on yt, I can link later.

Kreator is my fav from thrash metal bands I know and fav song is from flood into fire
Image
MyAnimeList || Previous username: Pawelos96

User avatar
Ian
Member
Member
Posts: 28
Joined: August 5, 2019 6:05:43
Location: California, USA

Re: Metal

Post: # 32896Post Ian
February 2, 2020 12:58:40

Yeah. My primary genre of preference is thrash as well. If you like Kreator, you heard of Sodom right? Considering they are from the same country and time period.

There's starting to be some epic modern-age Thrash artists popping up to that are just.... Omg.
Such as Evile, Havok, Suicidal Angels.... Those bands are following in the footsteps of the "Big 4"
Image
Webmaster of Naruto-Kun.com (R.I.P N-K)
Global Moderator on the original N-B and S-B

User avatar
Parkiet
Member
Member
Posts: 1254
Joined: September 9, 2019 14:11:52
Location: Poland

Re: Metal

Post: # 33328Post Parkiet
February 5, 2020 13:20:47

I was listening some albums of Sodom on yt but never had whole discography downloaded and listened.
Nowadays I barely download albums because I have youtubevanced app and I can listen on yt while I'm out.

Thanks for those bands you recommended, I didn't listen to them.
From Suicidal Angel̲s̲ - Years O̲f̲ Aggression album which song would you recommend to listen first?

Btw this thread isn't so popular xD
Image
MyAnimeList || Previous username: Pawelos96

User avatar
Ian
Member
Member
Posts: 28
Joined: August 5, 2019 6:05:43
Location: California, USA

Re: Metal

Post: # 35109Post Ian
February 15, 2020 11:15:40

Parkiet wrote:
February 5, 2020 13:20:47
I was listening some albums of Sodom on yt but never had whole discography downloaded and listened.
Nowadays I barely download albums because I have youtubevanced app and I can listen on yt while I'm out.

Thanks for those bands you recommended, I didn't listen to them.
From Suicidal Angel̲s̲ - Years O̲f̲ Aggression album which song would you recommend to listen first?

Btw this thread isn't so popular xD
Any track from fhat album. Last track is pretty nice.
Image
Webmaster of Naruto-Kun.com (R.I.P N-K)
Global Moderator on the original N-B and S-B

User avatar
MaxX2
Member
Member
Posts: 64
Joined: August 24, 2019 18:42:13

Re: Metal

Post: # 35470Post MaxX2
February 17, 2020 8:09:31

Ian wrote:
February 2, 2020 6:49:45
Anyone else here into metal, or any of its many subgenres? If so, list some of your top bands.

I'll be posting mine soon. With more info about the different types of metal music.

Huge fan of the big 4, especially Slayer. Trash and folk metal is what i mostly listen to.
Ensiferum, Korpiklaani, Alestorm sometimes.
Also love Damageplan, Burzum, Rammstein, Beast in black and the list goes on and on.
Image

User avatar
Ian
Member
Member
Posts: 28
Joined: August 5, 2019 6:05:43
Location: California, USA

Re: Metal

Post: # 43501Post Ian
April 3, 2020 1:23:18

MaxX2 wrote:
February 17, 2020 8:09:31
Ian wrote:
February 2, 2020 6:49:45
Anyone else here into metal, or any of its many subgenres? If so, list some of your top bands.

I'll be posting mine soon. With more info about the different types of metal music.

Huge fan of the big 4, especially Slayer. Trash and folk metal is what i mostly listen to.
Ensiferum, Korpiklaani, Alestorm sometimes.
Also love Damageplan, Burzum, Rammstein, Beast in black and the list goes on and on.
It's THRASH not trash.

Check out Havok. They are a modern thrash band, they covered Slayers Raining Blood flawlessly
Image
Webmaster of Naruto-Kun.com (R.I.P N-K)
Global Moderator on the original N-B and S-B

User avatar
MaxX2
Member
Member
Posts: 64
Joined: August 24, 2019 18:42:13

Re: Metal

Post: # 47226Post MaxX2
April 13, 2020 15:52:43

Typo my bad...
I've heard of them but never bothered to look them up.
Image

User avatar
ulquiorrakage5
Member
Member
Posts: 9
Joined: August 27, 2019 0:40:05

Re: Metal

Post: # 63782Post ulquiorrakage5
May 23, 2020 21:24:18

Pain of Salvation is my favorite band right now. They're more in the progressive metal vein. Listening to any of their albums front to back is an interesting and rewarding experience, and they really know how to wring emotion out of you in complex yet grounded ways. Also, fantastic lyrics across the board.

Best albums to start with: In the Passing Light of Day, Remedy Lane (Re:mixed)

Post Reply

Return to “Music”